[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
WoW Tokens - Council Of Elders

WoW Tokens

General chit-chat, non-guild-specific forum.
Avelmi

WoW Tokens

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Mallaek

Re: WoW Tokens

Post#2 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:42 pm

I was reading the patch notes this morning Taree...

I think the only way you can buy it with gold is if someone sells game time from their subscription on the AH in game. I don't think this is a Xgold = Ygametime from Blizzard scenario.

Did you have to let your game time lapse? :(

Avelmi

Post#3 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Oops, yes, you can't buy the tokens unless a player buys one to sell. ;)

I use game cards, so I have like 22 days left (or something like that). I'm not sure if I'll take a break or not. It'll depend on if we all start raiding again, or if patch 6.2 drops with new content.

I am enjoying going on a mogging spree!! Taree has 5 sets, Avelmi has 3, and my druid almost has 2. On to my paladin and warlock! :D

Maltz

Post#4 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:06 am

So, if I'm understanding this right...

A) You can now effectively buy gold with $'s by buying a token then selling it on the AH.

B) You can buy game time with gold by buying a token that someone is selling on the AH.

This is interesting. I wonder what the gold value of the tokens will end up being.

Avelmi

Post#5 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Folks are speculating that the gold price of tokens placed on the AH will be in the 20k-30k range. Which, prices me out! lol I kinda wonder how it'll treat the economy.

Maltz

Post#6 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:46 pm

I'm surprised at how heavily this is being touted as a way to buy game time with gold, when the equally big news (maybe bigger) is that you can buy gold with RL money. That said, I don't think it will have a large impact on the economy. You're not creating "new" gold with RL money. You're really just buying other players' gold. The more I think about it, the more it seems like a really clever solution to a couple of problems - people who have more (farming) time than money and people who have more money than time can almost directly trade one for the other, without impacting other players significantly, or possibly at all.

Officer
Jetcircus

Post#7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Avelmi

Post#8 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Maltz

Post#9 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:03 pm

I'm skeptical that the typical gold hoarder is going to abandon one of their core game goals for a free month of service. I wouldn't stop tanking just to be able to play for free. It would kind of defeat the purpose. :)

Maltz

Post#10 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:06 pm

Also, Woo Pig Sooie. :P